Everyone craves to have that beautiful and stunning smile. A pleasant smile radiates some warmth when given to people in certain situations. However, this may not be the case if you are struggling with poor dental health. Some oral problems such as bad breath and dry mouth tend to take away a person’s self-esteem and confidence. On the other hand, colored or stained teeth are considered an embarrassing situation.
However, this should not cause you any trauma because there are various options of bringing back your bright smile. Tooth whitening is the most common, and it involves cosmetic dentistry. The procedure offers two preferences; in-office-based and at-home care teeth bleaching. This article is all about the latter.
At-home care teeth bleaching involves the use of bleach usually applied on a set of trays for your teeth. You must visit the dentist to obtain a set of trays. Home application products are available over the counter, and the most common are carbamide or hydrogen peroxides. Nonetheless, the results from the at-home solution may not be as good as those from the in-office-based system.
The office-based system uses a stronger solution unlike the peroxides, which is weaker. This means you have to keep them longer on your teeth to obtain average and favorable results of whiter teeth. The period may be between one to several hours a day for up to four weeks.
Let us explore the pros and cons of at-home-teeth whitening:
- It gives you the confidence to stop hiding behind your mouth whenever you want to talk or smile. It will take away the anxiety, which always knocks in whenever you are the midst of people.
- It is affordable, and you will not spend so much time at the dentist
- Convenience. You can do at-home-teeth bleaching on a need basis. For example; when you have a special occasion. All you have to do is to pop out your trays and apply the peroxide a few hours before the occasion.
- At home whitening products tend to give irregular whitening. On the other hand, their misuse can result in the sensitivity of the teeth.
- Many people tend to misuse the products. In the worst case scenario, abuse can damage your oral cavity. This is in addition to thinning of the enamel of the teeth because of using too many abrasive products. The result is usually decayed teeth.
- You will have the responsibility of wearing the trays all by yourself whenever you want to bleach.
- Whoever is accustomed to instant results may be at a disadvantage of having to wait hours or even weeks for results from the products.
But getting to see a dentist is safer
While you may want to take it as a DIY project, it is advisable that you first engage with your dentist in San Marcos TX for a full dental examination. The dentist will also confirm the cause of the discoloration and whether or not-at-home- bleaching is the best remedy.home tooth whitening, san marcos dental, teeth whitening